Clients are seeking security solutions that are business driven processes to manage information risk and protect the value of their brand.
What’s gaining significance…
- Regulatory requirements: increasing number and complexity, often overlapping and/or competing
- IT and internet are integrated into all major business processes introducing risk from every angle
- New technologies, geographies and workforce trends pose new cyber security threat vectors
- People being specifically targeted and lower-tech risks to security steadily increasing
- Public communication and reporting of security breaches – more scrutiny to cyber risks
What’s losing significance…
- Trust of promoting technical resources to build CyberRisk strategy
- Reliance on “penetration testing” as the metric to measure security
- Belief that security is only a technical problem is waning. Responsibilities moving to the boardroom.